Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Business Expo, Ytown Bloggers, New Interns!!

It's a Busy Busy Week here at Accent Media. Tomorrow, Thursday, we have the local trade show, "Business Expo 2007". The Regional Chamber is putting on the event, and we are one of the "Spotlight Sponsors." If you are local or close by the Mahoning Valley, please come to this event and stop by our booth and say HI! There are over 100 businesses from all over the area participating, so it is a great opportunity to see what great businesses and services are available out there. We will be having some candy bars, magnets and penny candy to give away, along with a drawing for a FREE COMMERCIAL or other Video Project up to $2000 dollars. Again, the Business Expo is this Thursday, September 20th from 10am to 4:30pm at the Chevrolet Centre in Downtown Youngstown, Ohio.


There was a great article this past Sunday in the local Vindicator newspaper. It featured 7 bloggers who are writing about the progress and possibilities of a renewed and revitalized Downtown Youngstown. These are all young, talented and passionate people, who practice what they preach or "blog," within their lives and their professions. I am proud to know two of them already, and I am hoping to get to know the others. Heather McMahon, author of the blog, "Mahoning Valley View," I have known since my days of owning and operating some businesses in Downtown Warren, OH, as well as when I was the Vice President of the Warren Downtown Business Association. She is a hard and dedicated worker in Economic Development for the City of Warren, and she is definitely worth the read of her blog. I have also recently met Phil Kidd, who writes his blog, Defending Youngstown. I started reading Phil's blog when we were considering our move to "Downtown Youngstown", and have been hooked ever since. I finally got to meet him, and give him a tour of the studio a couple of weeks ago. He is as great a person as his blog is to read. It's a great look into whats happening here, and you can see the compassion and heart he feels for the city. I have linked their blogs and the blogs below over to the right for easy access. Please take some time to get to know and read these bloggers. The other bloggers of note:


Shout Youngstown

Stark Raving Youngstown

Youngstown Pride

The Oakland Stage

Ytown Renaissance



Finally, I want to introduce to 2 new members of the Accent Media Family this week. We have brought aboard two Production Interns for an 8 week Internship. The first six weeks will be helping out around the studio and getting a feel for the equipment and software. The seventh week, they will be using our equipment and staff to produce and shoot their own mini-project, and on the eighth week, they will be editing it into a showcase for their portfolio. Here in their own words, are Production Interns Heather and Mark. Welcome them aboard. If you would like to email them about their experiences or find out more about our Intern Program, you can send the email to my attention here at the Studio.


what's up everyone, my name is heather lowry. i am unoriginally from warren, oh - meaning i grew up in sunny florida, but have been in and out of warren, off and on due to my love of travel. i graduated from youngstown state university in dec 05- getting my b.a. in english and professional writing & editing. i studied film for 4 weeks in paris, through the ny film academy, which was an amazing experience and i would do it all again. i guess i would say i'm an idealist who tries to stay within the means of reality. i know, right? i have a passion for creating - art, film, writing, design, music (singing alone in the car), dancing, etc. i also like logic and philosophy, although they don't help me with my absent sense of direction. :) i really enjoy learning new things and new experiences ... makes me feel young ... and i can't wait until i can make my first movie, independent from hollywood! but right now, accent media has taken a chance on me, and i couldn't be more excited to get started


Hello my name is Mark Alan Pisciuneri I am 22 years old and I am from right here in Youngstown. I am a graduate of The Recording Workshop in Chillicothe OH, where I recived four certificates in audio engineering, audio production, studio mantinece, and a certificate in for the REC's new tech program. I have been involved in creating music and messing around with audio for several years now and I do very, very amature video production, all from my home studio. Thanks to Accent Media for letting me come on board as a production assistint, I can now show off the skills and talent that I have and learn more of the stuff that I don't know from Accent Media's very talanted staff. I am very excited and plan to accomplish allot with this great opportunity.

No comments: